Click here to go the first o the article.
Are you thinking that you have missed the age when you could have sown the seeds of wonders? But guess what, you have not. It is because majority of us do not belong to the above category. It could happen that you joined the commerce field and later realized that you loved chemical formulae more than you liked the Economic Times. When you were born you did not come with a user manual. You need to figure it out on your own. There are things that make you really happy, where you wouldn’t mind sacrificing a few bucks for it or giving up your sleep. There could be things that give you a high. The kind of high which no hard drink or Marijuana can give you.You were not born to be a dancer, writer, graduate, economist, scientist etc. Yes you were not! In fact the truth isthatyou realize the purpose of your life pretty late and you have to go for it.
“How many Khursis (Chairs) we check out before we find that one Khursi” said Shahrukh Khan in Dear Zindagi. Think of Khursi as your passion or career. You need to try different things as your hobbies before you stick to one. And when you do fall in love with your dream than you are ready to be in a relationship, till then you need to go on a few dates first.
If the people above add up to your reading list then the ones we read about now, will inspire your souls.
- Colonel Sanders:Very few are aware of his name. He is founder of KFC. His recipe was rejected 1,009 times before anyone accepted it. Sander’s “secret recipe” was coined “Kentucky Fried Chicken” It is currently a subsidiary of Yum! Brands. While the first franchise was started way back in 1952 in Utah by Sanders at the age of 62 years. Today KFC boasts of nearly 18,000 outlets in 120 countries. In 2011 it had revenue in excess of $10 billion.
- Sandeep Maheshwari:SandeepMaheshwari is a name among millions who struggled, failed and surged ahead in search of success, happiness and contentment. Just like any other guy, he too had a bunch of unclear dreams and a blurred vision of his goals in life. All he had been an undying learning attitude to hold on to. It was time that taught him the true meaning of his life. Today he is a motivational speaker who encourages and inspires youth. He is a founder and CEO of Images Bazar. His dialogue ‘Aasaanhai!’drives the audience positively crazy.
- J.K.Rowling: ‘Potterheads’ this question is for you, ‘for how long will you love Harry Potter?’ “Always” comes the answer. Harry Potter Series penned by J K Rowling is no more just a novel. It is a life all the readers are living. But before the book was published Rowling saw herself as a failure. Her marriage had failed, and she was jobless with a dependent child, but she described her failure as liberating and allowing her to focus on writing. During this period, Rowling was diagnosed with clinical depression and contemplated suicide. Her illness inspired the characters known as Dementors, soul-sucking creatures introduced in the third book.
- Michael Jordan: “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over in my life. And that is why I succeed”said Jordan in a Nike Advertisement. That lights the fire of passion in your heart doesn’t it?
- Bill Gates: He was a Harvard dropout. Before he was known as the youngest Billionaire and co-owner of Microsoft, he co-owned a business called Traf-O-Data which had turned out to be a failure. His words struck a chord in our heart, “It is fine to celebrate success, but it is important to heed the lessons of failure.”
The list isn’t limited to 5 People. There are more. But it does not matter does it? For what really matters is, whether you add up to this list of people who accomplished their dreams. “Inspiration is hitting us in the face, Like everyday, Twice a day, There are 44000 Ted Talks, Ideas that inspire, But what is your story? Because that is someone else’s story.”Aditi Mittal Ted Talks. She was absolutely right when she said that wasn’t she? Well, so think about it what is your story???
“Follow your passion and everything will fall into place.”Said MitaliPalkar during her Ted Talks. “Embrace the randomness” she said at the end. Patience is not the key, acceptance is. Accept and embrace the pitfalls
– Kinjal Shah