Have you ever read a map? If you haven’t then you need to go on Google maps right now and search for the place of your choice. Do it. Go! Now! Look for a place you really want to go. (I know you still haven’t looked for any of such place but pretending that you really did, I will go on.) So you found the least time consuming route didn’t you? Now what if you were given the map but you did not know where you were heading? It sounds stupid but dude that is life. We all have these maps in our pockets but we do not know where we are supposed to go. And even if we do know it then there is a high chance that your destination is not on the end of a one way route. There are 10 different roads that will get you there and you need to select one of those. Kicking aside the game of metaphors, let me be specific that here by destination I mean your career and passion.
Have you ever wondered that it would have amazed if we came with a user manual? What if we knew what we were meant to be? Or what would happen if I knew the purpose of my life well before in time? Well the answer is obvious isn’t it? I would have reached far on that path and close to my dreams. For we all know how helpful it is to know your passion at an early age and to walk on the road that will take you to your desired destination.
There is a minority of these people on our planet who have started their journeys at a young age and have made a history of rocking careers. This is the flawless plan for life isn’t it? You are forgiven for your mistakes because you are young and innocent. Perhaps you have a better opportunity to recover from your faults. There is no pressure of responsibilities, financial or family obligations, etc. And the earlier you start, more is the time you have at your door to learn and grow.
Here we have examples of few people who might occupy a place in your library after you finish with this article.
- Sachin Tendulkar:“Vohoooo…!” cheers of the crowds in the stadium resonates every time the God of Cricket scores a century. He began playing at the age of eleven and made his Test debut on 15 November 1989 against Pakistan in Karachi at the age of sixteen.He knew his love for cricket even at that early age and he stuck to it. “Hold on to your passion” is what we learn from him.
- Michael Jackson: ‘The King of Pop’began his journey of music and dance at the age of 6. Today every amateur dancer kid wants to do a smooth moon walk like MJ did. His Earth song made us all fall in love with his singing, his thoughts and nature. His song Thriller is the kind where you just want to watch the video again and again. The reflection of this man is seen in every great dancer today. Remo D’Souza, Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff, Prabhu Deva, Les twins etc. were inspired by him.
- Lata Mangeshkar: The legendary singer, who began her singing career at the age of 12, could not have known that her voice would touch our souls. She has been awarded with Bharat Ratna, Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and many more. And the dialogue from 3 Idiots is not something we can really forget, “Agar Lata mangeshkar ke papa ne usko kaha hota ki tu cricketer banja toh soch vo aaj kaha hoti…” She might not be on your playlist today but I know you will not disagree to the fact that she is the best singer India has had.
- A.P.J.Abdul Kalam: The Missile Man of India, knew that he loved mathematics in his school life and his love for science isn’t a secret. His contribution to ISRO and DRDO was incredible. Kalam also served as the 11th President of India. His books ‘Wings of fire’ and ‘Ignited Minds’ are worth reading more than once. ‘Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work’ he said.
- Michael Dell:I just hope (fingers crossed) he was a part of your English syllabus in school. (I also hope you remember him if he was a part of your syllabus.) “You don’t have to be a genius or a visionary or even a college graduate to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream”said Dell and quoted byEntrepeneur India.Dell’s parents wanted him to be a doctor. But by the time he was in junior high, Dell was hooked on computers.Dell has made Dell Computer Corp. the world’s leading direct computer Systems Company.
Click here to go the second part of the article.